The D2 form is the licence application form you complete to get the provisional entitlement to drive the vehicle of your choice as a learner and the D4 is the medical application form which must accompany the D2 form when you send it to the DVLA. Tick both C and D category as this will save you time and money in the future if you ever change your mind. You will also need a Large Class Stamp on the envelope!