PCV D1 MINIBUS TRAINING COURSE
Can I or can I not drive a minibus?
The law relating to the driving of mini buses is quite complex and can be confusing. We have tried to simplify it but please visit www.gov.uk/driving-a-minibus for a more comprehensive explanation.
If you passed your test before 1st January 1997 you already hold the Category D1 entitlement but with the 101 restriction of ‘not for hire or reward’.
If you want the 101 restriction removed so that you can earn money driving a minibus then you will need to take a category D1 driving test.
Hire or reward encompasses any payment in cash or kind (or on behalf of) passengers which gives them a right to be carried.
If you passed your test after 1st January 1997 you do not have the Category D1 entitlement on your licence and you cannot drive a minibus
However, you may drive a minibus if:
a) you drive for a non-commercial body but not for hire or reward
b) you are over 21
c) have held a car licence for 2 years
d) are providing your service on a voluntary basis
e) the minibus is under 3.5 tonnes
What do I do?
- Call NDC for all the forms you need for your licence application
- You will need to have a commercial drivers’ medical with your doctor to say that you are fit and well to drive a minibus.
- Apply to DVLA for the provisional D1 entitlement which allows you to drive a minibus as a learner.
- Attend the National Driving Centre for your FREE Assessment
- CPC Module 2 plus multiple choice/hazard perception tests are all booked for you on the same day at the local theory test centre.
- Receive the dates for your four day mini bus course.
- Your practical test is on the last day with your module 4 test incorporated during the week.
- FREE Online theory training
Your ‘All Inclusive’ PCV D1 Category Minibus Course costs only £960 for 4 days, testing at our own DVSA test centre in Croydon
The National Driving Centre is a Government Approved LGV/PCV Driving Test Centre. The only combined training and test centre in London.
"Test where you train"
NDC is a unique Driver Training Company